PROFILE OF AKINOLA, RAFIU ABIDEMI
Alhaji Akinola Rafiu Abidemi is the present Registrar of the Federal College of Education, Abeokuta, Ogun State. He hails from Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State. Mr. Akinola started his academic journey at the Egbado College (Now Yewa College) in Ilaro from where he proceeded to the Federal College of Education, Abeokuta for his Nigeria Certificate in Education (N. C. E.). As a dogged and highly industrious man determined to get to the top, he was awarded a Bachelors Degree in 1986 at the University of Ilorin; the same institution where he bagged his Masters Degree later.
Alhaji Akinola started his voyage in the world of work when he joined the services of the Federal College of Education, his alma mater, in 1988. From the humble position of an Administrative Officer II, he steadily rose through the ranks to become a Deputy Registrar in 2001. In recognition of his professional acumen and administrative excellence, Alhaji Akinola R. A. was appointed Registrar, Federal College of Education, Abeokuta on 1st March, 2010.
In his line of duties as an administrator, Alhaji Akinola has served in numerous College Committees and has, on two occasions, served as a member of the College Governing Council, in addition to having been the National President, F. C. E. Abeokuta Alumni Association. He is a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (N. I. M.) and also a Fellow, Institute of Corporate Executives of Nigeria (F. I. C. E. N.). Mr Akinola is an Alumnus of the prestigious Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) Badagry and the Centre for Management Development (CMD), Lagos.
Like an Oliver Twist, Alhaji Akinola always wants more knowledge. His quest for self development has seen him attend workshops, seminars and conferences both within and outside Nigeria. He has attended well over thirty (30) of such conferences in Nigeria and many conferences across various part of the world.
Various International Programs Attended Include:
1. Effective Project Management & Implementation held at University of Bath, United Kingdom 2010
2. Current Trends in Education Research held at the University of Witwaterstand Johannesburg, South Africa 2011
3. Corporate Conference, Leadership & Change Management held in Dubai UAE 2011
4. International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy and International Economics held in Berlin, Germany 2012
5. Team Effectiveness, Task & Time Management in Project Management held in Accra Ghana 2012
6. ICT Technologies and Innovative Methods in education held in Dubai UAE - 2012
7. Analytical & Creative Problem Solving held at Management Development of Singapore 2013
8. Post Basic Science and Technology Education Development held in Nairobi Kenya 2013
9. Higher Education for Sustainability: A Global Overview of Commitments & Progress held at Havard University, Boston USA 2015
Alhaji Akinola is a highly cosmopolitan man and has brought this to bear in his life both in official capacity and private activities. All these have earned him recognitions and awards from the College Management and the student community. In addition, he has contributed meaningfully to the growth and continued development of his community and has been a generous donor to innumerable religious organizations.
An astute and consummate administrator and passionate lover of sports, he is married with wonderful children.