BRIEF ABOUT DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC PLANNING
The Directorate of Academic Planning was established during the second semester of 2005/2006 academic session with the mandate to assist the office of Deputy Provost to plan, execute and monitor Academic programmes of the college. The Directorate was domiciled in a separate building outside the Deputy Provost office.
The Mission Statement of the Directorate:
The incumbent Director of Directorate of Academic Planning is Mr. Abati O. A. a Chief lecturer in Business Education, in School of Vocational Education. The Director holds Master Degree in Business Education and currently on his Phd programme at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye. He has held several positions such as Dean, School of Vocational Education, Head of Department, Business Education, Siwes Coordinator etc.
The Director co-ordinates the day to day activities of the Directorate with active co-operation of other staff members.
SCHEDULE OF DUTIES OF THE DIRECTOR
• He supervises the planning and production of Academic Calendar for each session and presents same to the Deputy Provost for ratification and further directives.
• He supervises the planning and production of Lecture time-table for each semester.
• He carries out monitoring of Academic activities to ensure the following:
S/N NAME DESIGNATION
1. Mr. Abati, O. A. Director, DAP
2. Mrs. Ukpe, F. C. Deputy Registrar, DAP
3. Mrs. Dagunja, O. C. Snr. Asst. Registrar, DAP
4. Mrs. Akindele, A. J. Admin. Officer 1, DAP
5. Mrs. Ogunmuyiwa, G. B. Chief Sec. Asst., DAP
6. Mrs. Odesanya, M. T. Chief Clerical Officer, DAP
Achievements/Accomplishments of Directorate of Academic Planning
1. The operational office of DAP moved from old site to the present location at the former PRO’s office on 1st June, 2015.
2. The Directorate ensured timely production of Academic lecture time-table.
3. There was prompt production and release of first and second semesters examination time-table for academic sessions.
4. The Directorate held meetings and consultations with relevant stakeholders such as The Deans, Directors, Examination Officers, Examination/Lecture Time-table committee e.t.c and ensured smooth running of the college Academic Planning.
5. The Directorate also carried out effective monitoring and evaluation of the conduct of all examinations during academic sessions. The diligency of operation in conjunction with relevant stakeholders reputes the examination processes and accords or move integrity to the college graduands.
6. The Directorate facilitated the compliance and adherence to college academic calendar through meetings, memo and consultations.
7. The Director was very proactive and pragmatic about any issue affecting students and ensures that they were all given adequate attention.
8. The Directorate collaborated with CEDEP, CESAPREP to ensure that the contact session were hitch free, including the conduct of their examination.
9. The Directorate offer assistance to CEDEP during the Accreditation exercise just concluded. The Directorate input was applauded by the CEDEP Directorate.
Physical Address: Old PRO’s office, Central Administrative building